Located in sunny Southern California, Vanguard University is a private Christian university that has continuously produced outstanding graduates who have made significant contributions to society. From talented athletes and brilliant researchers to successful business leaders, Vanguard University has an impressive list of notable alumni.
But before we delve into the achievements of these accomplished individuals, let’s address some frequently asked questions about the university. What is it known for? Is it a conservative institution? What’s the student-to-faculty ratio? And, most importantly, is Vanguard University a good school?
If you’re a prospective student or simply a curious reader, keep reading as we explore these questions in detail while highlighting some of the most notable alumni who walked the hallowed halls of Vanguard University. From tuition fees to the renowned graduates who have graced the institution, this blog post is a comprehensive guide that provides a deeper insight into all things Vanguard University.
Vanguard University Notable Alumni
Vanguard University, a private Christian university based in Southern California, has produced several notable alumni who have made significant contributions to their respective fields. Here are some of the notable alumni of Vanguard University that have made their mark in various sectors:
1. Heather (Maggie) Lindsay
Heather Lindsay, also known as Maggie, is a registered nurse who made headlines when she and her husband, David, made a public statement that they would no longer segregate their blood donations. The couple recognized the significant shortage of universal donations in the U.S. and decided to lead by example by donating blood together, regardless of their racial differences. This decision put them in the national spotlight, and Maggie Lindsay became a viral sensation.
2. Edd Joseph
Edd Joseph is a British man who made international news after he purchased a PlayStation 3 through eBay. However, the seller never delivered the item, and Joseph was left empty-handed. To get back at the seller, Joseph sent him thousands of pages of Shakespeare’s plays via text message, costing the seller a considerable amount of money in data charges. Joseph’s antics went viral, and he became an internet sensation. He attended Vanguard University, where he played soccer.
3. Julianne Malveaux
Julianne Malveaux is an economist known for her social and political commentary on issues affecting African Americans and women. She served as the 15th president of Bennett College, a historically black women’s college in North Carolina. Malveaux is also a bestselling author and widely sought-after speaker who has appeared on television programs like CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News. She received her undergraduate degree from Vanguard University.
4. Jordan Sparks
Jordan Sparks is a Grammy-nominated singer and actress who rose to fame in 2007 when she won the sixth season of the reality singing competition, American Idol. She has released three studio albums and appeared in several films and television shows. Sparks attended Vanguard University before getting her big break.
5. David Kinnaman
David Kinnaman is a social researcher and the author of several bestselling books on religion and culture. He serves as the president of Barna Group, a leading research company focused on faith and culture. Kinnaman has spoken at numerous events and conferences and has been featured in several major media outlets, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, and USA Today. He graduated from Vanguard University with a degree in philosophy.
6. Yorba Linda Studio
Yorba Linda Studio is a group of four artists and designers who create unique and customizable home decor items. Their work has been featured in several national magazines, including House Beautiful and Better Homes and Gardens. The Yorba Linda Studio team is made up of Danielle Buckner, Jodi Blake, Shannan Thatcher, and Kathleen Henson. All four women attended Vanguard University.
7. Michael Chewning
Michael Chewning is an Emmy-winning video editor and producer. He has worked on several popular television shows, including The Voice, American Idol, and The Bachelor. Chewning has also produced videos for several major brands, including Mattel, McDonald’s, and Toyota. He is a Vanguard University alumnus and even served as the head coach of the university’s cheerleading team.
These are just a few examples of the diverse and accomplished alumni of Vanguard University. The university continues to produce graduates who go on to make significant contributions to their respective fields.
Vanguard University Tuition
If you’re considering attending Vanguard University, you’re probably wondering about the cost of tuition. While tuition prices can vary depending on your program and degree level, Vanguard University is known for its affordable tuition rates. Here’s what you need to know:
If you’re planning to earn a bachelor’s degree at Vanguard University, you can expect to pay around $33,000 per year for tuition and fees. This may sound like a lot, but keep in mind that this is actually below the national average for private universities.
Graduate students at Vanguard University can expect to pay around $14,000 per year for tuition and fees. Again, this is relatively affordable compared to other private universities.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Fortunately, Vanguard University offers a variety of scholarships and financial aid options to help offset the cost of tuition. Here are some of the options available:
- Merit-Based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement and do not need to be repaid.
- Need-Based Grants: These grants are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need and do not need to be repaid.
- Work-Study Programs: Students can also participate in work-study programs to earn money toward their tuition.
While tuition is a significant cost to consider, it’s important to remember that there are other expenses associated with attending college. Here are some other costs you should keep in mind:
- Room and Board: If you plan to live on campus, you’ll need to pay for housing and a meal plan.
- Books and Supplies: You’ll need to purchase textbooks and other supplies for your classes.
- Personal Expenses: You’ll also need to budget for personal expenses like transportation and entertainment.
Is Vanguard University Worth the Cost
Overall, Vanguard University’s tuition rates are relatively affordable compared to other private universities. However, deciding whether the cost is worth it depends on your individual circumstances and goals. Here are some factors to consider:
- Your Major: If you’re pursuing a degree in a high-paying field like engineering or finance, the investment in your education may pay off in the long run.
- Career Goals: Consider your career goals and whether a degree from Vanguard University will help you achieve them.
- Personal Finances: Determine whether you’ll be able to afford the cost of tuition and other expenses without taking on too much debt.
Ultimately, the decision to attend Vanguard University comes down to whether the benefits of earning a degree outweigh the costs. It’s important to weigh your options and make an informed decision that’s right for you.
Bradley University Notable Alumni
Bradley University is another prestigious institution in the United States that has produced several notable alumni. Some of their most prominent graduates include:
1. David Brin – Class of 1973
David Brin is a renowned science fiction author and futurist who has won several high-profile awards for his work. He is best known for his novel “The Postman,” which was adapted into a movie starring Kevin Costner.
2. Sean A. Maitland – Class of 1968
Sean Maitland is a former NASA astronaut who completed two space shuttle missions during his career. Before joining NASA, he served in the United States Navy as a pilot.
3. Andrea Wood – Class of 1985
Andrea Wood is a senior executive at Johnson & Johnson, where she oversees the company’s pharmaceuticals division. She has decades of experience in the healthcare industry and has held several other high-level positions throughout her career.
4. Elizabeth A. Hausler – Class of 1995
Elizabeth Hausler is the founder and CEO of Build Change, a nonprofit organization that helps communities in developing countries build earthquake-resistant homes and buildings. She has won numerous awards for her work, including a MacArthur Fellowship in 2011.
5. Joe Knollenberg – Class of 1954
Joe Knollenberg was a former United States Congressman who represented Michigan’s 9th district for ten terms. During his time in office, he was known for his work on transportation, national security, and government accountability.
- Bradley University has produced several notable alumni in various fields, including literature, space exploration, healthcare, nonprofit work, and politics.
- David Brin is a prominent science fiction author known for his award-winning novel “The Postman.”
- Sean Maitland is a former NASA astronaut who completed two space shuttle missions during his career.
- Andrea Wood is a senior executive at Johnson & Johnson, where she oversees the company’s pharmaceuticals division.
- Elizabeth Hausler is the founder and CEO of Build Change, a nonprofit organization that helps communities build earthquake-resistant homes and buildings.
- Joe Knollenberg was a former United States Congressman from Michigan who served for ten terms and focused on transportation, national security, and government accountability.
In conclusion, Bradley University has a long history of producing successful and accomplished alumni in various fields. From NASA astronauts to business leaders and nonprofit founders, Bradley alumni have made significant contributions to society and the world at large.
Is Vanguard University Conservative
When it comes to Vanguard University, the question of political leanings is one that many people ask. While the university is a Christian institution, this doesn’t necessarily mean that it leans toward the conservative side of the political spectrum. In this section, we’ll take a closer look at Vanguard University’s political climate.
Vanguard University is affiliated with the Assemblies of God, a denomination that is generally considered to be conservative. However, it’s important to note that there is some diversity among individual congregations and institutions affiliated with the Assemblies of God.
Faculty and Student Political Beliefs
As with any institution, faculty and student political beliefs vary at Vanguard University. While some may lean conservative, others may have more liberal views. Students come from all walks of life and bring with them diverse political opinions.
Vanguard University is committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive campus environment. As such, the university encourages respectful and open dialogue among students, faculty, and staff, regardless of political or ideological leanings.
Vanguard University provides a liberal arts education with a Christian worldview, which can provide a unique perspective when it comes to political issues. However, the university does not require students to adhere to any specific political belief.
Like many universities, Vanguard has hosted conservative speakers on campus. In 2016, for example, conservative author and commentator David French spoke at Vanguard University.
While Vanguard University is a Christian institution affiliated with the Assemblies of God, it’s difficult to pin down its political leanings. As with any institution, there is diversity of thought among students, faculty, and staff. Vanguard University provides a welcoming environment that encourages open dialogue and critical thinking.
Vanguard University Notable Alumni: What Division is Vanguard University in
As a university, Vanguard offers undergraduate and graduate programs through various divisions, each tailored to meet specific needs. Here’s a breakdown of the university’s divisions:
College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences encompasses a broad range of academic disciplines, including business, communication, humanities, natural sciences, mathematics, psychology, and social sciences.
Some of the notable alumni from this division include:
- Laura Elliott, CEO of Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA)
- Jeff Schwartzenberger, Lead Digital Artist at Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Caroline Johnson Hodge, Senior Manager of Global Public Policy at Uber
School of Business
The School of Business offers undergraduate and graduate programs, preparing students for successful careers in the business world.
Notable alumni from this division include:
- Morgan Bast, CEO of the Morgan Bast Agency
- Darick J. Simpson, President and CEO of Simpson Consulting Group
- Jim Derry, Founder and CEO of Derry Enterprises
School of Education
The School of Education offers undergraduate, graduate, and credential programs, preparing students for successful careers in the field of education.
Notable alumni from this division include:
- Tracy Lynn Stum, world-renowned 3D Street Painter and chalk artist
- Sandra Ogata, former Vice Principal of Martin Luther King Jr. High School in Riverside, CA
- David Levicki, Chairman of Board of Trustees for Newport-Mesa Unified School District
School of Religion
The School of Religion offers undergraduate and graduate programs, focusing on theology and ministry.
Notable alumni from this division include:
- David Livermore, President and Partner at Cultural Intelligence Center
- Rick Muchow, Pastor and Worship Leader at Saddleback Church
- Angelus A. Perez, Lead Pastor at Oasis Church
Vanguard University has produced many notable alumni in various fields, and these are just a few of them. Whether in arts and sciences, business, education, or religion, Vanguard University prepares its students for successful and meaningful careers.
Is Vanguard University a Good School
If you’re considering attending Vanguard University, you might be wondering if it’s a good school. The answer is yes! Here are some reasons why:
1. Strong Christian foundation
Vanguard University is a Christian university that provides a faith-based education to its students. The university promotes Christian values and encourages students to grow in their faith, creating a supportive community where values are shared and celebrated.
2. Small class sizes
At Vanguard University, you won’t get lost in a sea of students. Classes at Vanguard are small, which means you’ll have a more personal learning experience. Professors are able to give students more individualized attention and answer questions in a more timely manner.
3. Wide range of programs
Vanguard University offers a variety of programs, from liberal arts and sciences to professional studies. Whether you’re interested in business, psychology, theology, music, or anything in between, Vanguard has a program for you.
4. Notable alumni
Vanguard University has a number of successful alumni, including NFL player Dwight Lowery, actress and producer Roma Downey, and musician Joy Williams. These alumni are a testament to the quality of education you’ll receive at Vanguard University.
5. Beautiful campus
Vanguard University’s campus is located in the heart of Southern California and features lush greenery, beautiful architecture, and state-of-the-art facilities. The campus is a great place to study, relax, and make lifelong memories.
In conclusion, Vanguard University is a great school that provides a strong Christian foundation, small class sizes, a wide range of programs, notable alumni, and a beautiful campus. If you’re considering attending Vanguard University, you’re making a great choice!
What is Vanguard University Known for
Vanguard University is one of the most prestigious universities in the United States. Founded in 1920 and located in Orange County, California, the university has consistently produced notable alumni who have made significant contributions to society. Here are some of the things that Vanguard University is known for:
Strong Christian Values
- The university is grounded in the teachings of Jesus Christ, and it takes its role as a Christian institution seriously. It offers students an opportunity to learn about Christianity and grow their faith while also providing an excellent education.
Excellent Academic Programs
Vanguard University offers a range of academic programs that are designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in their chosen fields. Some of the most popular programs include:
- Business and Management
Commitment to Service
- Vanguard University is committed to serving the community and making a positive impact on society. Students are encouraged to get involved with local organizations and volunteer their time to help those in need.
Diverse Student Body
- Vanguard University is proud to have a diverse student body that represents many different cultures and backgrounds. The university values diversity and believes that it enriches the learning experience for everyone.
Focus on Student Success
Vanguard University is dedicated to helping its students succeed. It provides a range of resources and support services to help students achieve their academic and personal goals. Some of the resources available to students include:
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
In summary, Vanguard University is known for its strong Christian values, excellent academic programs, commitment to service, diverse student body, and focus on student success. Whether you are interested in pursuing a career in business, healthcare, education, or the arts, Vanguard University is an excellent place to start your journey.
Male to Female Ratio at Vanguard University
When it comes to choosing a college or university for yourself or your loved ones, it’s always good to consider important factors that may affect your academic and social life. One essential factor that often tops the list is the male to female ratio on campus, which can significantly impact the campus culture, social scene, and student experience.
If you’re considering attending Vanguard University, one of the things you might be wondering is what the male to female ratio is like. Let’s take a look.
As of Fall 2021, the male to female ratio at Vanguard University is approximately:
- 35% male
- 65% female
These numbers may change slightly from year to year, but overall, Vanguard University tends to have a higher proportion of female students than male students.
Why the Ratio Matters
The male to female ratio can have a significant impact on the social atmosphere and experience at the university. Some potential implications of a higher female population include:
- More opportunities for female leadership and involvement in campus organizations
- More female role models and mentors for young women
- A different social scene, with potentially more female-dominated events and activities
That said, a higher female population doesn’t necessarily mean that male students won’t have an enjoyable experience on campus. Vanguard University prides itself on its inclusive community, where all students have opportunities to connect, grow, and thrive. Additionally, the university offers various programs and events to cater to the needs and interests of all its students, regardless of gender.
While the male to female ratio can be an important factor in choosing a college, it’s essential to consider other aspects of the university that may impact your academic and social experience. Some other things to consider when choosing a college may include:
- The quality of academic programs and faculty
- Student life opportunities and campus amenities
- Location, safety, and cost of attendance
By considering all of these factors, you can make an informed decision about whether Vanguard University is the right fit for you and your goals.
- Vanguard University has a male to female ratio of approximately 35% male and 65% female.
- A higher proportion of female students may impact the social scene and student experience.
- Vanguard University offers a welcoming and inclusive community for all students, regardless of gender.